Thursday, April 27, 2017

The Diversion in the Woods and How We Choose Paths

It's been 3 weeks. I wonder if you know that? 3.1 weeks, to be exact. That's 22 days. 528 hours. 31,681 minutes. Soon to be 2 million seconds.

Despite my desire and effort, I am not in complete control of this situation and thusly, have no idea whether the feather will balance, when judgment time comes. Perhaps we shall become another recorded scroll, another piece of finished history, tucked and numbered. Perhaps tomorrow, when it comes, will be different than the tomorrow that I wanted to come.

It wouldn't be the first time it had happened in the world.


If the worse kind of tomorrow comes (not the worst, I hope) then I will do what any person like me in my situation would do: I will drape my rooms in flowers and ivy, and pretend that I live in an enchanted forest, that this is all a fairy tale and I am a moral lesson for somebody. As long as someone can learn from me, I can bear it.





I wish it was you reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment