Saturday, April 22, 2017

One Good Turn

"God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites so that you will have two wings to fly, not one" - Rumi

Hera, the Greek Goddess, was the Queen of the Heavens, wife of Zeus by trickery (he played on her empathy), and the protector of marriage; in fact, the protector of women throughout all the stages of her life. Her Roman counterpart, Juno, whom my birth month of June was named for, and the daughter of Saturn, was also a protector of women through all stages, including marriage, and was also protector of funds. Hera had a faithful servant in Argos, of many eyes, who looks from the tail of a peacock. Juno had a faithful messenger in Iris, the rainbow.

I've decided to sit in meditation upon these two same-yet-different goddesses as I traverse this path I'm currently on. They couldn't be more appropriate.



Now, I'm going to go have our morning song-and-dance party with my two girls. What better way to start the morning?


No comments:

Post a Comment