Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Asian Spaghetti" as my HMLA calls it.

I made this Ginger Pork and Angelhair recipe for dinner last night, sans the green onions. Not because we don't like green onions (we do), but because I forgot to get any at the store. Instead, I put some onion powder in the meat mix. I can't tell you how much because I didn't measure it, I just shook it out. I'm sure it would be good with the green onions, though. My HMLA and I really enjoyed it. I served it with some mozarella garlic bread and some steamed veggies (edamame, broccoli, carrots & celery).

I simmered the meat sauce mix for longer than recommended because I wanted it to thicken up....also, because I had forgotten to put the bread in the oven in a timely manner and wanted everything to still be served up hot. I think the consistency of the longer simmer was better than it would have been if I had removed it in the short time period suggested in the original recipe.

I survived my first night without my Matchgirl, and I only cried once, when I picked up her little t-shirt off the couch and took it into her empty room. (cue tears) My HMLA came in and shooed me out and then shut the door and said I wasn't allowed into the "cry room" for the rest of the night. We had a great night out together, and I must say, I felt very refreshed the next morning and our relationship seems to be more vibrant just from that one night. I guess we'll have to do this at least once a month. It's good for us so it's good for the family.

Now I have to go chase my little destructo-monkey who has learned how to "crawl" and is now getting into everything faster than you can go make a cup of coffee in the Keurig. Yay for progress, but it sure does add to the workload.

No comments:

Post a Comment