Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Something new, every day

There are some new things I have learned with this second pregnancy:
1. random nosebleeds in one nostril are SO MUCH FUN......not.
2. I never realized how hard it was to stay in a good mood when you can't poo regularly.
3. just because this is my 2nd rodeo does not ease my anxiety that every time I turn around I'm probably harming my baby by drinking coffee or exercising or taking a Tums or, I don't know, breathing. I need a window into my uterus so I can do spot checks on my little tumble bunny.
4. I've just entered my 3rd trimester and it is becoming increasingly frustrating for my Matchgirl and I, that I cannot play with her "like Daddy does", i.e. catch her when she's jumping or ride her around on my back and shoulders, anymore, and that now, my ability to safely pick her up and carry her around is now about to end, as I've started getting Braxton-Hicks contractions afterward every time I pick her up and carry her. It doesn't feel like a strain while I'm doing it, but obviously my body is calling it quits, for the moment. This causes a whole lot of sad between the two of us.

So, now we're working on new ways to hang out that are more snuggle than carry, since I'm going to have recover time after the c-section to contend with, as well. I signed her up for the 1,000 books before kindergarten challenge. So we're trying to read 2 books a day together, at least. Also, I've been finding free printouts for toddler learning activities online and we're going to start doing those together in the evenings, after I get home from work. She'll be starting pre-school this year, and she loves to learn new things, so I thought this would be a productive way for us to hang out. No pressure, of course, she'll only be 3 in two days and I'm not one of those parents who feels the need to push my child to be a kindergarten genius. She's very clever and quick, already, so I am fully comfortable (and often times blown away) by her natural learning progress.

As an end note, if the people you love, love office supplies, and put them on their gift lists, it's not a joke. They really want them. I always put sticky notes and highlighters and sharpies and pens and notebooks and pencil cases on my gift lists and I never get any. :( It's like people gloss right over them, like, suuuuuuuuuure she wants a 12-pack of liquid highlighters....I bet she'd much rather have these cookie sheets! Which, I do want those cookie sheets, and thank you for getting them for me, but couldn't I get just one office supply? It would make me very, very happy. Especially if it was this Totoro pencil case....

No comments:

Post a Comment