Monday, May 27, 2013

Who are you again?

I've pinpointed what the issue is. (At least, one of them.)

What made running e-zines and then blogging easy when I was younger, was the anonymity of it. That's what I need to get back to, kind of, is feeling as freely inspired now, as I did then. Back then, you didn't worry about what you put up for publishing on the internet because hardly anyone was on it. Even when the digital diaries were really peaking, you were still under a pseudonym and for the most part, hidden from all of the immediate peers of yours who may have begun stumbling around the worldwide web. Now, everybody is on Facebook, it seems. The internet has no privacy, anymore.

(As an aside, it astounds me that the acronyms we used in chat rooms have become text speak and put on public titles, but sometimes people say it out loud - which is just bizarre. Whenever I hear some "omg" or "lol" come out of someone's mouth it makes me want to chloroform myself immediately.)

When I was younger, since no one I knew was online at the time, it was easy to write down thoughts and inspirations and art. The fact that a stranger would come to my page and be presented with this self-exhibition of the most private nature, and would, possibly be inspired and respond in kind with their artistic presence, was invigorating.

Now, although I have many thoughts, and ideas and arts dancing around in my head, I rarely ever write it down. I feel like I'm on filter now and anything might possibly be found offensive by someone close to me, basically family, gets monitored out and shucked away, even if I love it.

When I was younger, I always said I could never stop writing for someone. Love makes us grow and time makes us wise, if we let it. I have stopped some of my writing for many someones, and I am learning to work within those parameters as well as is possible. Hey, even race horses train with blinders, right?

It's the discipline that matters. To have a disciplined art of many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment