Friday, January 31, 2014

We sure do get het up about a whole lot of nothing, don't we?

I don't have a follow-up to that remark, I just had a need to use "het up", in a sentence.

I'm trying to get back into writing mode. With all of this extra time to houseclean, etc., with work being so slow, I figure let's turn lemons into lemonade and channel some of this angst and anxiety into some art. It's always worked well for it anyway.

I feel very awkward typing where family can see me. This is another thing I have to work on; writing under the eye of discovery.

It's so much easier to write when you're in a place where nobody knows your name. (You see what I did there?)

Tenacity and commitment - we're ending the month with those two words being our key-phrases for personal un-lockings.

“Since we must and do write each our own way, we may during actual writing get more lasting instruction not from another's work, whatever its blessings, however better it is than ours, but from our own poor scratched-over pages. For these we can hold up to life. That is, we are born with a mind and heart to hold each page up to, and to ask: is it valid?” - Eudora.Welty

(p.s. : I made a pretty awesome pillow for my almost father-in-law for Christmas. I now have an itch to make more throw pillows. This may happen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment